Sol-Gel Gateway Home page

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Characterization Techniques
 Sol-Gel Gateway Forum>Sol-Gel Forum>Characterization Techniques
Message Icon Topic: How to measure the TiO2 coationg on the ITO? Post Reply Post New Topic
eddyliu

Online Status: Offline
Quote eddyliu Replybullet Topic: How to measure the TiO2 coationg on the ITO?
    Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:28am
Hello every researher: I wanted to ask some problem which i got now. I need to measure the surface area(BET) of TiO2 film on ITO.But,i can not to take out the TiO2 film from ITO.Because i need to test the film's surface area,not the power.So,can anyone support me to do this.Thanks. by the way,have anyone know how to use UV-vis measure  the thickness of film.please show me the detail,thank you!!
IP IP Logged
FonchoTiO2

Quote FonchoTiO2 Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2006 at 1:31am
Hey Eddy Liu!

I have a problem of my own, and since you have already a TiO2 thin film, I was wondering if you could possibly give me the exact references of the technique you used, or if the film was bought from an outside Lab. I'm asking this because I'll experiment with TiO2 films in a flow reactor, and I wished you could explain me the lab procedure to coat some film with TiO2.
Indivisa Manent!
Moises A. Romero
Photocatalysis
IP IP Logged
eddyliu

Quote eddyliu Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2006 at 4:35am
Hello FonchoTiO2:i use doctor blade method to spray on the ITO glass.it is simple way to do this. i use glass rod to scrape TiO2 on the ITO, make it to form a  uniform film. Just like this, that is simple.right?
IP IP Logged
DEFRANOUX

Quote DEFRANOUX Replybullet Posted: 02 October 2006 at 6:05am

Hi,

In my company, we have developped a mehod to measure the surface area, porosity , pore size distribution, thickness , and n&k of thin films like TiO2 on any substrate, like TiO2 on ITO. We can measure at the same time the parameter of the TiO2 and also check ITO characteristics. It is called Ellipsometry porosimetry , it is a method based on the well know ellipsometry method, non contact , optical method and the also well known gas adsorption. It does require any scratch of the film , no vaccum, no low temperature. It is also non desctructive.

If you need informations, send me an e-mail at christophe.defranoux@sopra-sa.com 

Christophe DEFRANOUX
IP IP Logged
K. K. Saini

Quote K. K. Saini Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:10am
we are making TiO2 films on glass substrates by sol-gel technique. These films are scratch resistance and inert also. We can send few samples if you tell me the dimensions you require.

Dr. K. K. Saini
IP IP Logged
DEFRANOUX

Quote DEFRANOUX Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:36am

Hi,

Dimension of the substrate is can be up to 4 * 2 cm. Our spot size on the sample is 500 * 500 m.
The typical spot size that we can measure is 1 - 30 nm in RADIUS. The TiO2 thickness of the layer should be typicaly less than 2 m. The best is less than 1 m.
We are ready to test measurement on your samples. Can you reply to me on my e-mail adress : christophe.defranoux@sopra-sa.com
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version