Sol-Gel Gateway Home page

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Coatings & Films
 Sol-Gel Gateway Forum>Sol-Gel Forum>Coatings & Films
Message Icon Topic: Preparation of transparent TiO2 films. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17
sagebob

Online Status: Offline
Quote sagebob Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2006 at 6:32pm

Howdy,

There are several products on the market here that are a liquid you apply to a surface and wipe off.  Leaves a film like you desire.  Do not know the life of the film.  Can't remember a tradename offhand but I will see if I can come across it.  I believe that PPG makes one.

I believe a just a plasma treatment of the PC surface might get you pretty close.  CVD could get you some silica films down on the PC.  they can wet pretty well.  Maybe TiO2 but I can't remember hearing of this.

-bob

IP IP Logged
susilo

Quote susilo Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2007 at 1:31am
dear fmvichi
i get your recipe by slip casting, now will i put on substrat, i want drying it, but i do know what temperatur can i usefor it ?
IP IP Logged
gfpan

Quote gfpan Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:20pm
This thread is very informative. I got good film by dip coating. However, there are problems with spinning. I got lines from center to the edge. Seems like some rheology problem. The film all crack-up during firing. Anybody has any experience one that? Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Nano
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Nano Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2007 at 6:29pm
For dip-coating, you may have too thick films, which will be cracked after sintering. Maybe you need to check the viscosity and the concentration of the solution as well as and dragging rate of the dip-coater.
IP IP Logged
gfpan

Quote gfpan Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:57am
Actually, I got quite good thin film by dip coating. Film thickness is 100 nm or less.

However, when I try to use spin coating to coat the same solution, targeting the same thickness, the problem appears. Anybody here has experience in spin coating? I am interested in the cause ans solution of the radial tracking defects, what's the effects of viscosity, evaporation rate, spinning rate or other properties/parameters in this matter. Thanks a lot!
IP IP Logged
lucetta

Quote lucetta Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:07am
concerning the fmvichi technoc of make a TiO2 colloide i ould like to ask if your suspension is stable and the thikness of the film made with this suspension by spin coating, thanks
IP IP Logged
sagebob

Quote sagebob Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2007 at 6:15pm
Howdy

I believe Nano is correct; check your thickness. The drying rate is pretty fast in most spin coating systems. You need dilute solutions and high speeds to get a reasonably thin coating.

Another possibility is particle contamination in the solution, air or surface. Spin coating happens to be a sensitive test of cleanliness.

Third is that the solution is drying or reacting so fast than it does not have time to flow out.

I recollect that 5 to 15 grams TiO2 per liter is a good concentration. You need a solution that reacts slow enough that the liquid can thin out before drying/hydrolysis takes place. Solutions based on chelated Ti work fine here. Recipes are posted in these forums somewhere.

-bob
IP IP Logged
akjadil

Quote akjadil Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2007 at 3:28pm
Greetings everyone!
I am from pakistan and from amino molding powder application,
I need your advice and assistance in selecting the correct grade of TiO2  for my application of amino molding powder.
Thks!
If need any further details pls inform me,I would really apprectaie your advice,
Best Regards,
Adil
e-mail:wahabind@yahoo.com
amino molding powder
IP IP Logged
kutty

Quote kutty Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:55am
hai friends
           i am doing research in the field of sol-gel.i am tried to form TiO2 but i dont know the proper way to form the TiO2 solution NOW I sm havihg titanium tetra chloride solution.how can i prepare tio2 solution from titanium tetra choloride solution.pls helf me friends.
thanks
IP IP Logged
karima

Quote karima Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2008 at 2:51am
Iam new to sol gel tech and i need to deposit tio2 transparent film for dssc ,if u know many recipes i would appreciate if u give them or links..
love to learn
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version